I was invited by the amazingly brilliant Revd Dr Angela Shier-Jones to lead the service at New Malden Methodist Church yesterday. We had a great time and some excellent feedback from the congregation.
I decided to put up the order of service and a presentation I used for the event.
Many thanks to:
- Angie for the invite
- The church for letting me play around with technology and do things differently
- Ship of Fools for the basis for the txt Lord's Prayer (with sign amendments)
- Bart Woodhouse and Simon Sutcliffe for Bart's Poem - see here for the words
- The various hymnwriters - especially Rev Gareth Hill who wrote a new hymn for the event - see here - with a boo of the hymn (via audioboo)
- The websites for the videos - socialnomics, Test of Faith, KoreUK
If you'd be interested in exploring these themes arising out of our research at CODEC, then get in touch!
Order of Service:
Call to Worship: Psalm 137:1-4: a time of change
Hymn: All creatures of our God and King
Prayers: Adoration, Confession, Thanks, Lord’s Prayer TXT version
Gospel Reading:Test of Faith clip – John 1:1-18
Song: Colours of Day
OT Reading: Ezekiel 47: 1-12 via iPhone/You Version audio
Address 1: John 1 – God’s communicating love/silence of the Word
Hymn: God who spoke in the beginning (Fred Kaan)
Poem: Barts World
Address 2: Ezekiel 47: 1-12 - Streaming the Word (social media)
Prayers: Digital Intercessions
Hymn: Jesus, hope of saints and sinners